Clinical Examination Skills for community pharmacists – choose one or more modules
Community pharmacists can now sign up for one or more Clinical Examination Skills specialist modules following completion of the Gateway module.
Purpose of training
Clinical Examination Skills for community pharmacists training provides a focused range of clinical examination skills that will help the pharmacist assess people more confidently to manage the types of clinical cases that present to the community pharmacy on a weekly basis. With a focus on identifying red flags for referral and knowing when the person can be managed with over-the-counter medicines with self-care advice and safety netting information.
The module content is delivered online using a flexible and responsive eLearning system.
- Gateway module (live now) – structured history-taking including vital signs, systems review and identification of serious conditions/red flags.
- Dermatology to be completed in two sessions, focusing on:
- Wound Care (live now) – types of wound, wound management and identifying infection.
- Skin Conditions and Changes (expected December 2023) – identify the features and manage common skin conditions that present in the community pharmacy (including self-advice) and skin changes that may be cancerous.
- Cardiology (live now) to be completed in five sessions, focusing on:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Heart Failure
- Ear, Nose and Throat (live now) – common and serious conditions, ENT examinations.
- Paediatrics (live now) – common acute presentations, signs of serious illness, chronic conditions, basic examinations.
For more information and to register to access this free training please visit the CliniSkills website: https://www.cliniskills.com/community-pharmacists/