Discharge Medicines Service events: Royal Devon University Healthcare Foundation & Torbay and South Devon Trust
The Royal Devon University Healthcare Foundation and Torbay and South Devon Trust are gearing up to routinely refer patients from high-risk categories into the community pharmacy Discharge Medicines Service (DMS).
Devon LPC will be hosting two evenings. One in Exeter; for all pharmacies in the RDU Hospital footprint. The second one will be held in Torquay for all pharmacies in the Torbay and South Devon Trust Hospital footprint. The aim in both cases to bring together pharmacists and technicians from hospital, mental health, community and primary care around the discharge process.
This will be a great opportunity to understand what the local hospital referral criteria are, meet colleagues from other sectors and discuss how, as a collective you might work together to enhance patient safety around the discharge process. These events are in high demand, so book now to avoid disappointment. All members of the pharmacy team involved with DMS are welcome. We will have a range of guest speakers.
- 18.30 – Hot buffet, sponsor exposé
- 19.15 – Welcome, Introduction and Service Background
- Patient Journey
- 19.30 – Hospital Pharmacy process
- 19.40 – Community pharmacy process
- 19.50 – Primary Care process
- 20.00 – Devon Partnership trust
- 20.10 – Cross sector group discussion and feedback – working session
- 20.30 – Current trend and interactions
- 20.40 – Final Questions and close
Wednesday 5th July Livermead House Hotel, Torquay
Wednesday 12th July Exeter Court Kennford, Exeter
Administration being undertaken by Devon LPC 01392 719604. (Email: email@example.com)